POLICY WORDING FOR PET CATS – PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
CATSURE is an insurance product designed to cover the unexpected veterinary costs that cats kept as pets may incur as the result of illness or injury. CATSURE is underwritten by RENASA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. and managed by PET UNDERWRITING MANAGING AGENCY PTY LTD (P.UMA). In return for paying your premium, RENASA INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. will cover the cat named in the overleaf policy schedule for the cost of fees incurred as the result of veterinary treatments for illness and injury.
Any cat older than 8 weeks and younger than 8 years that is kept as a household pet in the RSA. The cat must have all vaccinations up to date at the time of joining.
- This policy will incept on the first day of the next calendar month following the acceptance of the application. The policy terms and premiums payable will be reviewed on the 1 June each year. The premiums are subject to inflation.
- There is an excess fee of 10% for every claim with a minimum of R200 per claim that you must pay.
- All non-emergency treatments (in terms of 1 B above “what we cover”) must be pre-authorised by P.uma.
- You agree to disclose all information relating to the pet’s health and condition at the time of signing up for cover and thereafter. This includes all examinations and/or treatments as well as signs and symptoms your pet received or displayed prior to applying for the insurance. Failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your policy due to-non disclosure. Please note, new underwriting terms might be offered, and should you not accept the new underwriting terms, your policy will be cancelled.
- P.uma reserves the right to contact your Vet(s) to obtain a full history for your pet. This information is utilized for our underwriting decisions
- You must notify P.UM A of any emergency treatments within 72 hours of the event (email@example.com).
- All claims must be submitted to P.UM A within 60 days of the date of treatment (firstname.lastname@example.org). If your claim is older than 60 days, it will be repudiated [due to late submission].
- P.UM A pays claims in accordance with the South African Veterinary Councils Guideline of Tariffs and reserves the right to request a second opinion from a vet of our choice regarding treatment and fees charged. If the fees are deemed excessive or the treatment deemed inappropriate we will pay the lesser amount with the balance being for your account.
- As the person responsible for the pet you are expected to take all reasonable steps to prevent injury and illness. Failure to do so may result in rejection of claims and/or the cancellation of this policy.
- If there is another insurance policy covering the same claim, only the rateable proportion of that claim will be paid in terms of this policy.
CatSure covers the cost of veterinary treatments required to appropriately treat illness or injuries that the insured pet may suffer. The treatments covered include, but are not limited to:
- Consultation, acute medication, initial diagnostics, x-rays, biopsies and tests.
- Rehabilitation (post-operative only) treatments, specialist referrals, further diagnostic workups, blood tests, MRI / CT scans, radiology, radiation / chemotherapy, surgeries, chronic medication and prosthesis requires pre-approval and is subject to case management and clinical protocols. P.uma will require a detailed treatment plan from the treating Vet.
- Chronic treatment plans may be purchased at an additional premium as a complement to this insurance plan. Chronic treatment plans are subject to treatment protocols (appropriate treatment plans) as determined and approved by P.uma (under the guidance of our Vet). A detailed treatment plan must be submitted by the treating Vet for approval by P.uma.
- CatSure will pay up to a maximum of R 600.00 towards vaccinations for your cat. This amount will only be paid on receipt of a valid invoice from the Vet. This benefit is available once per policy year.
- Your pet is immediately covered for accidental injuries, as long as the policy has incepted
- The treatment of pre-existing conditions, including any condition that manifests during any waiting period (If your pet is diagnosed with any illness/condition or a pre-existing injury is noted within the waiting period, these will become full exclusions on the policy).
- P.UM A reserves the right to refuse payment for repeated treatments if they are, under advice, deemed as ineffective, excessive or likely to cause the pet undue distress.
- Any costs other than the costs of veterinary treatments for the pet listed on the policy.
- The costs for the treatment of any illness within the first 30 days of joining CatSure. (The costs of treatments for trauma resulting from accidental injury are covered in this period).
- Any invoices submitted more than 60 days after the date of treatment.
- The costs for any treatments for injuries and illness incurred outside of the Republic of South Africa.
- Any injury caused by abuse or negligence. We will report all abuse to the relevant authorities.
- Any treatment that continues for longer than 3 months unless approved by P.UMA and subject to clinical protocols.
- Any complementary treatments, experimental treatments or any treatments not forming part of mainstream veterinary science, including but not limited to acupuncture, physiotherapy, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, rehabilitation care (if not post-surgery and pre-approved).
- The treatment of behavioral disorders.
- Any routine care such as dental scale and polish, anal gland expression, de-worming, grooming, tick and flea control or any food costs.
- Any elective or cosmetic treatments.
- Any treatments in connection with pregnancy, birthing and fertility and breeding (any complications suffered as a result as one of these), sterilization, artificial insemination and injuries resulting from breeding.
- House calls, travel costs, after-hours consultation or hospitalisation unless a vet confirms it as necessary in terms of the pet’s health.
- Any surgical items that can be used more than once. These are non-chargeable items.
- The costs of any prosthesis, implants or transplantation unless explicitly approved by P.UMA.
- Any costs after death and/or cremation (post mortem examinations).
- Any treatment by person/s not registered with the South African Veterinary Council.
- We do not under any circumstance cover euthanasia unless recommended by a veterinarian.
- Any non-emergency treatment undertaken without the prior approval of P.UMA.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
DO NOT BE PRESSURED INTO BUYING THIS PET INSURANCE POLICY You are entitled to cancel your contract within 14 days after inception should the product not meet your requirements. Thereafter you have the right to cancel this policy by giving 30 days notice.
Do not sign any blank or partially completed application forms and please keep notes of anything said to you regarding your insurance You are entitled to a copy of all documentation relating to this insurance FREE of charge.
You must be informed in writing if any changes are made to this contract and your policy cannot be cancelled unless a written confirmation is sent to you.
You have the right to know all fees and premiums applicable to this insurance contract.
All premiums are collected by debit order to your account, please make sure that you are being debited correctly.
If a claim is rejected, you must be given the reasons in writing.
Please make sure that all the information you supply has been recorded correctly. Any misrepresentation or incorrect information can prejudice you in the event of a claim.
Company: Flagstone Risk Consultants
Postal Address: PO Box 486, Howard Place, 7450
Physical Address: Unit 1 Forest Mews, Cnr Forest Drive and Lonsdale way, Pinelands, 7450
Contact details: 021 551 4447
Fax: 0866 585 804
Registration No: CK2007/031107/23
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 30231
Compliance Officer: Masthead Masthead Distribution Services (Pty) Ltd
Postal address: PO Box 856, Howard Place, 7450.
Phone: 021 686 3588
Fax: 021 686 3589(f)
Company: Pet Underwriting Managing Agency (Pty) Ltd.
Postal Address: PO Box 6604, Roggebaai, Cape Town, 8012
Physical Address: 7 Walter Sisulu Avenue, 14th Floor, Metropolitan Building, Cape Town, 8000
Contact details: 021 403 9177
Fax: 086 691 4723
Registration No: 2011/107009/07
VAT Number: 4280260425
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 44387
Craig Ormrod, Associated Compliance (Pty)Ltd, PO Box 9655, Devon Valley
Tel – 011 678 2533 Fax – 011 678 7731
Earnings: P.UMA earns a fee of 10% of premium and a profit share is in place. Both are paid by the insurer.
Please note that P.UMA earns more than 30% of its income via Renasa Insurance Company Ltd
Company: Renasa Insurance Company Ltd
Postal Address: P.O. Box 412072, Craighall, Johannesburg, 2024
Contact details: 011 380 3080
Fax: 011 380 3088
Registration No: 1998/000916/06
VAT Number: 4290173253
Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP No. 15491
The above parties are all fully licensed to practice short term Insurance in regards of personal and commercial Lines.
P.UMA are Renasa Insurance Company Limited’s underwriting manager for pet insurance and have a written mandate to conduct business.
There is no direct financial interest between the companies.
P.UMA carry Professional Indemnity Insurance as well as Fidelity Guarantee cover. A financial guarantee is not required.
If any of the parties act unprofessionally please report to their respective Compliance Officer.
Please make sure that all the information you supply has been recorded correctly. Any misrepresentation or incorrect info can prejudice you in the event of a claim.
Should you have a complaint about your Insurance and the Insurer/Broker and Underwriting manager are unable to satisfy your enquiry, you may approach the following parties.
Address: P.O. Box 74571, Lynwood ridge, 0040
Tel: (012) 470 9080
Fax: (012) 348 3447
Address: P.O. Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Tel: (011) 726 8900
Fax: (011) 726 5501
Should you suspect any fraudulent activity involving your insurance, please contact Fraudline on 0860002526.